Opting for one of today's short haircuts is a bold move – you can't hide your hair in a messy bun if you don't like it! That's why it's important to be clear about how you want it to look. Yes, you can get ideas from your stylist, but without doing your homework, you may end up with a hairstyle that isn't quite what you want, and then there's no going back! Luckily for you, we have compiled an extensive list of short hairstyles that are very trendy right now to inspire you for your next cut!
Why choose shifts? Layering is an easy way to shape and add body to fine, thin hair, but it can also debulk ends, distribute, and reduce volume in thick, wavy hair. Layers can also be adjusted to flatter almost any face shape, creating a universal cut loved by many modern women. Plus, they add a youthful vibe to the look, and who could say no to looking younger?!
1. Layered Pixie with BangsNo list of short layered haircuts would be complete without a layered pixie! Long side bangs are great for adding dimension and are perfect for round faces.
2. Beautiful bangs.There's nothing not to love about short hair and bangs – it's the perfect combination! Especially when the hair is tastefully layered and textured.
3. Corte Bob in capas outfits.Classic but still trendy short layered hair. This natural looking style adds texture to your hair and creates a smooth flow in each strand. It is especially flattering for women with thin or fine hair.
4. Long Layered Pixie CutGrowing out your pixie doesn't have to be painful. This super cute cut is sleek and simple, and it looks especially good on fine, curly hair.
5. Edgy Feathered Bob.The feathered cut slims and fluffs up the ends of the layers, resulting in an edgy, structured look. It is one of the most desirable short hairstyles because it can flatter any face shape and hair type.
6. Cute short bobWe are big fans of this modern look. Blonde highlights add more texture and create an illusion of fullness that is ideal for fine hair.
7. Bob outfit from Halslanger.Similar to the regular A-line, this short layered bob style presents the look of crisp, straight hair with volume. Short layered haircuts for women bring more attention to your face, accentuate your features and make you look younger.
8. Short Layered BobWhen it comes to medium short bobs, angling can create a stylish and fun look!
9. Medium short blunt bob.Feel light with one of the best short haircuts of 2023. Style it straight or comb back a few sections to create the illusion of airy, windy hair.
10. Short hairy pixie.Thanks to the messy short layers, this pixie has a jazzy feel to it that makes it a great hairstyle for young and old alike. The style is also low maintenance.
11. Layers stacked.Stacked bobs are all the rage right now! They look particularly flattering on wavy hair, and we are in love with the bold silver hair color.
12. Layered Undercut PixieUndercut hairstyles are particularly daring. The undercut pixie overlay makes it look even edgier with an edgy feel. The highlighted feathers of the pony give short layered hair an elegant and chic look.
13. Platinum pixie.Do you value low maintenance haircuts? Then the goblins will never let you down! Choose layered haircuts for short hair to add volume and stand out with this edgy yet stylish cut. Choose a platinum shade to make it even more beautiful!
14. Eye-catching red capes.We strongly believe that everyone should dye their hair red at least once in their life. Take a look at this front and back view, and tell us, aren't you tempted to go for a full side bob with fringe, all in flashy red?
15. Short Layered Rounded BobAdd some flair and swing to a classic bob by pinning your hair back. Layered short bob hairstyle looks more elegant and less stiff. Layers also make your bob appear fuller.
16. Shaved pixie.Razor cutting makes the ends look thinner and sharper than the opposite of the blunt look made with scissors. Razoring is perfect for creating a messier look.
17. Mid Layer Wavy CutIf you don't want to try very short haircuts, go for neck length hairstyles that cover your neck and almost touch your shoulders. Don't forget some trendy bangs if you want to balance out your face shape: soften a square jawline or slim down a round face.
18. Sleek Layered Blonde Pixie BobIf you have naturally soft and straight hair, this beautiful layered hairstyle will look stunning on you.
19. Cute and quirky layered pixie.There is a common misconception that pixies go better with blonde hair. Check out this super cute layered pixie with side bangs on brown hair. Charming!
20. Short curly haircutOne of the most adorable ways to style short layered hair is to curl the ends up. Short "flip" layers hold up very well when the strands are cut. If you are inspired by the 1960s and want to modernize it, go for this hood!
21. Delicate feathered pixie.This short layered cut shapes your head in a chic and petite way. You can also go for fine cuts to make the strands appear lighter. Dye your hair blonde or pastel to complete the look.
22. Messy Layered PixieShort, spiky layers bring out the beauty of a messy pixie. Brush the hair towards the face at the crown of the head to create beautiful bangs. A short layered haircut like this takes on an edgier look when ombre or highlights are introduced.
23. Layered curls.Naturally curly hair is a plus! It means that your hair is naturally textured and you just need to point it in the right direction. We love this amazing subtly messy pixie for curly hair. It will look just as good with the perm!
24. Tapered pixie with jagged layers.Looking for a hairstyle that stands out? How about these extravagantly chic layers with a razor cut? We love the contrast between the long bangs and the short hair.
25. Long feathered pixie.If you want to cut your hair short without cutting it too short, add some longer shaved layers during the cut. They add length and keep the haircut visually interesting and edgy.
26. Dimensions blond.Highlighting mid-shaft highlights, delicate layers, and the perfect beachy waves. don't you love it
27. Asymmetrical pixie.Another beautiful pixie cut that looks amazing on dark hair. Keep some of the length while you officially join the goblin club!
28. Warm Brown Textured BobWe can't get enough of these beautiful warm tones. The color scheme brings this layered haircut to life!
29. Two Tone Layered Short BobFine hair looks much fuller and thicker when cut, layered, and highlighted. If you have fine hair, going for short layered hair is one of the best hair decisions you can make.
30. Effortless Layered WavesThe balayage is beautiful. It looks great on any length of hair, especially when paired with cool beachy waves!
31. Layered Asymmetrical BobThree words: big hair envy.
32. Asymmetrical Layered BobAsymmetrical bob hairstyles are cute and elegant. Make your bob stand out from the crowd by giving it a layered cut. Layers give your bob a sleek curly finish.
33. Burgunderfarbener Pixie.Burgundy deserves to be added to your wish list of hair colors to experiment with!
34. Messy Layered Short BobCute and sexy at the same time, this bob is an attractive option for those who opt for short layered hair.
35. Layered Bob for Thick HairInverted bobs will never go out of style! Also, it is one of the best hairstyles for square faces.
36. Short wavy hairIf you are wondering if a short layered haircut will look good on your wavy hair, think no more. Short layers on wavy hair leave the ends with a curly twist. These flipped ends are really pretty and make your hair look full.
37. Beautiful A-line Bob.If you are looking for a slightly more extravagant hairstyle, you will love this stunning A-line bob with apricot highlights. Nothing says glamour!
38. Short Layered Bob on Dark HairPerforated layers are the best way to add movement to your hair and make it look lighter and more interesting.
39. Short layered hair with bangsLayers and bangs often work hand in hand. Bangs are really fantastic and go very well with short layered hairstyles. Also, layer your bangs for a stunning look.
40. Tidy little pony baby.Creating short layers around the crown of the head to pair with face-framing bangs will help reshape your face. Like in these before and after photos, the hairstyle covers the large forehead and slims the lower part of the face. Such a short layered haircut also adds volume and texture to your hair.
41. Pink and silver highlightsThe perfect color combination for those looking for a pretty makeover!
42. Pixie Shag with Layered BangsDo you have a pixie haircut and don't know how to style short hair in layers? Here's an idea: Give your pixie a crafty touch by brushing the short top layers to the side. Use highlights to make your hair more glamorous.
43. Chic bob for thick hairFor women with thick dark brown hair, a similar style with layers in the back would add sophistication and help distribute the thickness. It's a classic short layered hairstyle!
44. Airy Blonde Layered Bob.The stunning style shown here flatters heart and oval faces.
45. Collarbone Shag with Messy LayersAre you struggling to make your hair look fuller and don't want a very short hairstyle? Try cutting your hair into a shoulder-length shag with lots of short layers. It will look voluminous and textured as can be seen in this image.
46. Layered Platinum Blonde Bob.It's hard not to admire the icy blonde look. If you are considering a short to medium cut and want to experiment with cool blonde tones, this is for you.
47. Short Layered Haircut for Fine HairFine, soft hair can be quite difficult to manage. Short layered hairstyles are the best option for fine curls. Wispy Short Layers give your fine hair the texture and volume it needs. Use a texturizing spray for extra hold.
48. Edgy undercut pixie.This pixie cut is super easy to style, a lovely find for the ladies on the go.
49. Textured Piecey Bob.Whether you're growing out your pixie or just considering a shorter hairstyle, the short undercut below is undeniably gorgeous!
50. Inverted Bob with HighlightsLast but not least, check out this dreamy blunt bob. Great hair inspiration!
Short layered haircuts are absolutely stunning! Whether you choose a pixie or bob, with or without bangs, layers add fun and movement to your new hairstyle, helping to create a customized look that's ideal for your face shape, hair type, and figure. . After all, not only will you be sporting one of today's trendiest haircuts, but you can style it in less than 10 minutes! Ideal.
What is the new haircut for 2023? ›
“For 2023 it will have an updated feel with more layers and softer cropped fringes, like a '70s or 90s-esque curtain bang, and copious amounts of movement made easy from internal layers – perfect for that on trend cool girl,” he says. Or, if you can't decide between a bob and a pixie, combine both.Is short hair in style for 2023? ›
Short haircuts are more on trend than ever for 2023 and the number of short hairstyles you can try are endless. If you're wondering which short hair trends are in style for 2023, you're in luck because I've rounded up fresh pics from today's hairstylists of the best short hairstyles and short haircuts.What is the best short haircut for a 55 year old woman? ›
An undercut pixie is one of the best age-defying short hairstyles for women over 50. Tousled long pixie hairstyles have this youthful appeal and sassiness females over 50 are looking for. Sweep the bangs to any side for a chic effect.Is layered hair in style for 2023? ›
"Layered cuts especially are going to be more and more popular in 2023. The 'curve' is the perfect cut for letting your hair grow out while still maintaining a bit of shape and style.What is the best haircut for 2023? ›
- Medium-Length Beach Waves. ...
- Straight Collarbone Bob. ...
- The Classic Blonde Haircut. ...
- Chest-Length Wavy Haircut. ...
- Two-Tone Messy Bob. ...
- Shaggy Bob Haircut with Bangs. ...
- Medium Bob with Long Parted Bangs. ...
- Pixie Bob.
Some of the most popular interior design trends for 2023 include the return of bold color, natural stone surfaces, closed floor plans, mixed metal finishes, luxe living, statement lighting, and 60s and 70s influences — particularly in furniture design.What hair color is in for 2023? ›
An overall 2023 hair trend you'll be noticing? Light-to-medium brown shades. “People will be taking their color deeper this year,” says hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein, “even if it's just a darker, more blended shade of blonde, or a creamy mushroom brown.”Which hairstyle makes you look younger? ›
Loose waves are more younger-looking, while straight hair can be aging. Play around with face-framing layers to give your hair some softness and movement. Layers can also make your hair appear to be more luscious and healthy. Parra recommends asking your stylist for perimeter layers that are cut in a straight line.How do I choose a layered haircut? ›
If your hair is fine and thick, layers will help reduce weight and add movement. If it's fine and thin, light layers might be preferred, to keep as much hair as possible. Coarse, thick hair is typically very layer-friendly and frequently preferred.What is the best short hairstyle for a 60 year old woman? ›
Bob cuts will always be included into the list of the best short hairstyles for women over 60 for their versatility and timelessness. The bob cut is convenient and feminine. Add bangs and color for a complete re-styling and turn heads wherever you go!
What is the easiest short haircut to maintain? ›
The most low-maintenance haircuts are very short haircuts like pixies and cuts with long layers that make styling easy and don't require a ton of salon maintenance. While you'll still need to see your stylist every few months to keep your cut looking its best, you can go longer between appointments.Can short hair be layered? ›
Layers can work on any hair length, but if you're looking for a fresh, new look, consider getting layered short hair. Short layered hair is easy to maintain. It also gives off a youthful and carefree vibe. And if you're looking for short layered hair ideas, you've come to the right place.Should short fine hair be layered? ›
Long Layers for Fine Hair
If you're going with a lob-length or medium-length hairstyle, long layers will help give movement and fullness to fine hair. Too many layers, or super short layers, can actually make the hair look thinner, which typically is not the goal for those with fine hair.
One of the classic short haircuts for women over 70 is the pixie bob from the 60s. It's simple, fresh, and perfect for those with round faces. Complete it with a delicate color and bangs to finish your new look!Do layers make you look younger or older? ›
Hemple says long layers always give off a youthful appearance. She adds that off-center or side parts that "fall naturally in place can make the eyes seem wider to give you a more youthful appearance. "Are bobs in for 2023? ›
Bobs are still very much in vogue, and Syd Hayes predicts that the “box” style will be one of the most popular for 2023. “It's an extremely classic Vidal Sassoon bob,” says Hayes. “A sharp shape, that's striking—less about the layers and more about straight lines and angles.” It's the epitome of a power haircut.What is a butterfly haircut? ›
The butterfly haircut has lots of wispy, descending layers that are pulled away from the face instead of inward. This effect mimics a butterfly's fluttering wings. The haircut can also be considered a two-in-one look because the short layers give an illusion of a shorter style that frames the face.What is a good haircut for an older woman? ›
A pixie bob haircut is a low-maintenance, easy-to-style haircut that works great for older women. Short haircuts like the pixie bob give lots of volume to your hairstyle. Older women tend to prefer styles with volume because as hair ages it can lose its strength and natural volume.Are pixie cuts in for 2023? ›
Pixies are popular in 2023 as they are fairly low-maintenance and easy to style. For instance, this mix of a short pixie bob and an undercut can match any clothing style you might want to try.Is grey out of style 2023? ›
The consensus is that grey is out and warm neutrals will continue to dominate in 2023. “The color trends have gone from all white to warm neutrals, and in 2023 we will be warming up those neutrals even more,” says Brooke Moore, Interior Designer at Freemodel.
What color is replacing gray? ›
What will replace it, they predicted – and also Benjamin Moore's colour of the year for 2022 – is a light, silvery green. Or, as they called it: greeneige.What is the theme of 2023? ›
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) still face exclusion, social isolation, and social abuse in schools, workplaces, and communities.What is the biggest hair trend for 2023? ›
Long, Choppy, Textured Bob
"2023's biggest hair trend and most requested by my clients is the Long, Choppy Textured Bob. This cut is easy to style and super cute year-round." — Ashley Gomila, Celebrity Hairstylist.
Caramel, honey, gold, copper, and strawberry give a healthy brightness that makes us look and feel younger. (Framing your face with lighter shades draws the eye away from any complexion concerns, as well.)What hair for winter 2023? ›
Hair colors like chestnut, auburn, chocolate brown, and caramel blonde are always classic winter hair color choices. For 2023, you can also opt for an on-trend shade like ginger, ash blonde, espresso, or gray.How to look 10 years younger at 50? ›
Skin brightening treatments, like Microdermabrasion, Light Peels, Micro Laser Peels, or the Clear & Brilliant Laser treatment all help patients to look 10 years younger or more, with just a few treatments. These treatments can be used in order to combat the signs of aging in the face, such as: Wrinkles. Age spots.What hair mistakes make you look older? ›
- Letting Your Hair Get Too Long.
- Going To Dark.
- Going Too Light.
- Using Too Many Products.
- Ignoring Damage.
- Not Embracing Gray.
Light Ash Blonde
If you're looking to stay true to your aging roots, a light blonde shade is always the way to go. This color blends seamlessly with ashy browns and grays.
From long layered hair or shoulder length layered hair, many hairstyles incorporate layers. Sometimes these layers are focused just around the face, others at the ends, and some throughout the head.What is the best hairstyle for over 50? ›
- of 20. Shoulder-Length Waves. ...
- of 20. Glam Waves. ...
- of 20. Blunt Bob. ...
- of 20. Sideswept Pixie. ...
- of 20. Crimped Curls. ...
- of 20. Curly Bob. ...
- of 20. Natural Curls. ...
- of 20. Long Layers.
How do you know what layers to ask for? ›
Know Your Hair Type
“The layering of your hair should be the result of a combination of how much hair you have (density), what type of hair you have (fine/thick), and what type of haircut you have (long/short),” says Harry. “I find that most women with fine hair types don't necessarily need layering alone.
The majority opinion is that short hairstyles make you look more youthful! And specific haircuts work magic on round, oval, and long faces. With that said, another key is applying the right makeup and hair color. Often, aging hair is dull, so adding some color can boost its appeal.What is the best hairstyle for over 60 with glasses? ›
- Loose Curls. Save. Image: Shutterstock. ...
- Side-Swept Hair. Save. Image: Shutterstock. ...
- Wavy Lob. Save. Image: Shutterstock. ...
- Tousled Bob. Save. Image: Shutterstock. ...
- Voluminous Curls. Save. Image: Shutterstock. ...
- Choppy Layered Bob. Save. ...
- Pompadour With A Pixie. Save. ...
- Spunky Pixie. Save.
Should a 60 year old woman wear bangs? Long hair with bangs can help disguise forehead wrinkles and fine lines and lower the age of a lady over 60 by several years. If you have extremely fine, thin hair, it does make you look older. However, you can always pull it off if your hair is thick enough.How do you tell if a short haircut will look good on you? ›
Take a ruler and place it perpendicularly under your ear. The ruler and pencil will now create a “T region” with each other. If the reading where the pencil meets the ruler is less than 2.25 inches, then short hair will suit your face. If it is more than 2.25, it is ideal to stick to longer hair.What are the 5 basic haircuts? ›
- The 0 degree haircut is also known as the "Blunt" or "Bob" haircut. ...
- The 45 degree is a haircut, which is also known as the "wedge," or a “bob”. ...
- The 90 degree haircut is also known as the "Layered” haircut. ...
- The 180 degree haircut is also known as the "Shag,” or the reverse elevation.
What is a wash-and-go haircut? A wash-and-go haircut means you don't use styling tools, such as hair dryers or curling irons, to style your hair. You simply wash it and let it air dry.What is a short layered haircut called? ›
Choppy bixie cuts with messy layers are short layered haircuts that are easy, funky, and fun. A bixie is a cross between a bob and a pixie. With this cut, the bangs are heavy, your hair towards the front and sides is longer, and the crown is short and spiky. I style this with a pomade or a dry texture spray for hold.What is the most popular short haircut for 2022? ›
- Classic Afro. ...
- Buzz Cut. ...
- Micro Bob. ...
- Shaggy Lob. ...
- Baby Mullet. ...
- Textured Bob. ...
- Pixie. The pixie, short on the back and sides and longer at the top, is a timeless and seasonless choice for autumn. ...
- Supermodel Layers. Embrace your natural curls with the supermodel layers cut.
Layered hair is a hairstyle that gives the illusion of length and volume using long hair for the illusion of length and short hair for volume, as an easy style to manage. Hair is arranged into layers, with the top layers (those that grow nearer the crown) cut shorter than the layers beneath.
What are ghost layers? ›
The term "ghost layers" was first coined by celebrity stylist Ramon Garcia, but the style is also commonly referred to as invisible or internal layers. Essentially, it's a cutting technique involving subtle layers that are camouflaged within the hair to give the appearance that everything is one length.Does thin hair look better one length or layered? ›
"The more solid the shape for thinning hair, the better," says Mohapi. "Layers will take weight away from the ends and that's the one thing we should try to keep. One-length shapes with volume-adding products will create the best results."
Silver, ashy, blond, and platinum are indeed the most popular hair color choices for women over 60. And with good reason! Instead of coloring to hide your grey hair, you can choose to embrace it. I've seen way too many women with poorly colored dark brown hair color that just doesn't look natural or flattering.What are stacked layers in a haircut? ›
Stacked haircuts, also known as the stacked bob, has been a popular hairstyle for decades—but it's making a much welcomed comeback in 2023. Originally popular in the '60s, the haircut features graduated layers that are precisely cut to create a rounded and full shape at the back of the head.What hairstyle looks good with glasses? ›
- Long Hair With Blunt Bangs. Add character to your bespectacled look with blunt bangs. ...
- Slicked-Back Pixie Cut. Try a slicked-back pixie cut to go with your eyeglasses. ...
- Low Ponytail. ...
- Top Bun. ...
- Wavy Lob. ...
- Medium Bob with Full Bangs. ...
- Straight and Layered. ...
- Long and Relaxed Waves.
"Soft bangs are a hot trend for 2023, with celebs like Anne Hathaway, Lily Collins, and Phoebe Dynevor rocking their own spins on the classic," says Velasquez.Are side parts coming back 2023? ›
Basically, consider 2023 to be the year of the comeback with the voluminous curls of the '70s, the shaggy mullets of the '80s, the bouncy blowouts of the '90s, and the side parts of the '00s being bigger and better than ever.What length hair makes you look younger? ›
Shoulder-length hair (or longer) with layers
Forget what you thought about long hair past the age of 40—thick hair actually looks more youthful and polished when it falls shoulder-length or longer. Shorter hair has a tendency to expand at the ends, leaving you with an unflattering triangle effect.
- Detailed Denim. Altuzarra Robinson denim midi-skirt. ...
- Clean-Slate Style. Totême belted cady blazer. ...
- Spring Is in the Air. Acne Studios Konyo wool-blend cropped vest. ...
- Tip-Top Tops. ...
- Draped Dressing. ...
- Sheer Layering. ...
- Floor Length for Days. ...
- Ruby Slippers.
Side bangs tend to soften facial features that get harsh with age and bring attention to your eyes. This style of bangs will also help you to avoid your hair from falling flat.
Is feathered hair in style 2023? ›
Feathered haircuts that were all the rage back in the 1970s are experiencing a major comeback. While feathered layers work well on any hair length, a feathered bob looks extremely on-trend.Are money pieces in style 2023? ›
High-contrast and super cool, the money piece trend is one of those hair color trends that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Learn how to upgrade your style for 2023 below.What does an octopus haircut look like? ›
Similar to a mullet, the style features more body and volume at the crown of the head (the head of the octopus) and then longer, thinner, shag-like layers from the mid-shaft to ends (the tentacles). Though the octopus haircut is inspired by both the mullet and shag, it is neither.